Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Accounting - a nightmare?!!

"...Your knowledge of Accounting Concepts is not up to the level required for the core courses. It is highly recommended that you enroll for the pre-term module..."

For those of you who are wondering what this is.....I had to give a test for assessment of my accouting skills which would let me decide whether I need to enroll for the accouting pre-term course and this was the message I got at the end of the 1.5hrs test. (Not that this was ANY kind of a surprise. Clearing the test would have been one!!!!!) Thanks to a friend who advised me just a day before, NOT to guess the answers at any cost 'coz if i would get lucky with them then i wouldn't be allowed to register for the test. Phew!! This would definitely mean I would flunk the actual accouting course :)

The test result message was pretty decent considering the way I fared!! It took me exactly 15 mins to finish the test. Not that I answered a lot of questions but the major time was spent in just reading all of them !!! I would have hardly got 5 out of 30 correct!! Knowing the experiences and reactions of some of my fellow classmates I really thought I would get to see the message quoted by one of them in his blog (click here) which goes something like this - "Dude! your skills are hopeless; forget accounting, you can't even count!" :-)

Hmmm...this is just my first experience as I step into the world of management...I guess I need to be prepared to many such similar ones!!

2 comments:

Gaurav Kumar said...

"Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night."
-- Zig Ziglar, speaker and author

Bhanu said...

Whats accounting? backbone of Finance...so if you got to be in core of finance..make sure you know the best accounting skills...its actually a complex way to dupe stakeholders...and if caught..simply blame it on the accounting standards!!:)