Wednesday, May 3, 2006

after a long break...

I could finally take some time off to post a blog after a really long break!! (its been just 10 days but this is long in my standards considering the frequency of my previous posts!). The reason behind this - I had a week long of pre-terms in accounts and business statistics, both of which were greek n latin to me (though I claim to have done a course in stats long back!). Yesterday marked the beginning of my Term1 - its been just 2 days but I really got a flavour of how hectic life can be here, at ISB. It took me a while to really get a grip on myself , to sit back and understand what is going on and what needs to be done!. There is so much to read before and after each class - for 4 subjects - u miss one day's reading and u need to slog to catch up with the pace!

Life is just so different here. I so wish I had more than 24hours per day - coz there is so much to do and so little time. This education system which I am exposed to is so very different from what I have been thru all these years - every class here is so interesting - some coz of the subjects and the others coz of the profs. These professors here are so amazing that they can really create an interest in you for even dry subjects like economics (dry according to me...). In just a couple of days of reading, I have developed so much liking to these fields such as accounts and economics , which I never thought were my cup of tea!! As and when I learn about these new subjects, I am definitely going to take some time off to post my perspectives on a lot of interesting and exciting things that I come across.... watch out! :)

4 comments:

Bharat said...

So are you saying you are stressed? :)

Unknown said...

well..The word "stress" is really not good enuf to describe my state now!! :(

Unknown said...

i guess shez already seeing snapshots of hell !! 363 days more !! any embarrasments in the class yet, like questions n all ?

Unknown said...

praveen - its just 340 days more..its a 51 week program :)

i havent had any cold calls till now...so not yet embarassed !! am sure it will come soon!!