Saturday, May 6, 2006

Things that I miss...

It's been about 3 weeks now since I came to hyd... feels like ages though - courtesy ISB ; coz of the zilion things that I've had to do here in just 20 days!!! I have kinda got adjusted here now - this new place, new lifestyle, new friends, etc..But amidst all this exciting stuff and a hectic schedule, in those couple of hours of time I get for myself, I really miss a lot of things - the stuff I have left behind....
- My home sweet home..
- My mom's delicious cooking (even my ex-colleagues at Intel would be missing this !!:) )
- Playing TT and carrom at Intel
- 2 early morning breakfasts - once at home and then at office!! (I dont get time to have even 1 here many a times)
- Those long and short coffee breaks with "A" during work ( I need to pay 5 bucks here for a small cup of coffee which tastes like sugar water !! )
- Those really stupid and time pass conversations and gossips on IM with "A" and "B"....
- Those frequent visits to corner house....yummy hot chocolate fudge! :(
- Pani puri at Calcutta chaat and Karthik's ( To eat any kind of chaat here I need to travel at least 12 kms :( :( ...
- Masala dosa at CTR!!!! ( my mouth is watering .....)
- Pubbing at Tavern and P claiming everytime that he can have 7 Tequila shots !!! It was so much fun seeing him drunk ..LOL
- My music class and guitar lessons from G
- Relaxed and stress free weekends (I cant differentiate between a weekday or a weekend here!! They are equally hectic)
- That beautiful bangalore weather (It's freakin' hot here!!!)
...........
...........

The list is just endless....

4 comments:

Josh said...

this missing thingy is very mutual.. even bangalore misses u a lot [:)]

Unknown said...

thanx :) that was nice of u...even if u were kidding :P

Bharat said...

Oh ya definitely miss your lunch box :)
Even that Nippatt you used to get...

Nitish said...

Ok maybe i can be of some help :)

pani puri at Calcutta chaat and Karthik's ( To eat any kind of chaat here I need to travel at least 12 kms :( :( ...

There is this small joint at the indiranagar traffic light, very close to the Gachibowli y -junction( the one with Punjabi Rasoi etc) which opens up during the evenings. Its right in front of Hot Rottis and is your typical tasty street side chat. And maybe a km or so from ISB. If u aint averse to street side joints then its highly recommended.

- Masala dosa at CTR!!!! ( my mouth is watering .....)

Try the masala dosa at Taj Mahal hotel or at Dosa Plaza. BTW, have u tried the Hyd biryani as yet? Or the irani chai?

- Pubbing at Tavern

Try 10 Downing Street or B n C on a normal weekday. But not a shade on Blore pubs though :(

Relaxed and stress free weekends (I cant differentiate between a weekday or a weekend here!! They are equally hectic)

That only comes with a job!! :-D