Thursday, September 7, 2006

Political upheavels and the oil barons...

This term we have a subject which deals with Government, Society and Business. My first reaction was that this would be really boring but I am being proven wrong. We had this discussion in class today about the political uncertainty in the Central Asian Republics (CARs) - especially Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and the surroundings and their struggle to set up the pipelines for oil trade in new directions- keeping their distance from Russia and avoid being sucked into the economic and military pacts that arose out of the break up of the Soviet Union. When I tried to read the articles and cases yesterday, which also spoke about the power and influence of Taliban, Bin Laden etc..I was a little lost... as i never religiously followed the news about these things the last few years.. But watching these videos gave me a lot of info and I really feel its worth a watch!

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/19805/from-shy-boy-to-terrorist-this-is-osamas-story.html

No comments: