Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Grading....

(wrote this post last nite...but for some reason blogger was not allowing me to publish it)

This term all of us were supposed to grade each other's GSBC mid term papers (a new innovative idea of our prof!). So it was kind of a general agreement on campus that everone will be lenient towards each other.. (live and let live types :) ) Well all that apart... we had received the papers to be graded (mostly anonymous) about 2-3 weeks back and I knew the deadline was sometime in the first week of November to submit the graded exam paper. Thanks to my illness (I was bed-ridden for about a week and still in stages of recovering now but able to walk :-)) that I completely forgot that yesterday evening 5pm was the deadline. Today while in class, something strikes me and I suddenly remember that there was this submission around today.. here is the conversation that followed....

Me: (Out of the blue)Shit!! Isnt today the deadline for the GSBC submission??
K: (Who was reading somethign seriously) No.. that was last evening 5pm itself!!!
Me: (Really worried look not knowing what to say and thinking K is just bluffing...)
K: Seriously!
Me: (looking more worried)
K: Its ok ..dont worry... it will just take you max 1 hr to evaluate..do it after class now and submit.
A: (Who heard us and also saw me worried) Its ok man... it wont even take u 1 hr...just 15 mins or so..thats enough!
K : (A little puzzled)
Me: (A little relaxed!)
Chi: Just chill... it will take u just 2 mins to evaluate :-)
Me: (More relaxed now!!!!!!!)
but...
K: (More puzzled and hoping it wasnt his paper) Dude!! Come on! Dont tell me u evaluated the paper in just 2 mins!!
Chi: Gives a smile :-)
K: (Serious but puzzled tone) Dude! it will take u half an hour to understand the policy...another half an hour to read thru and grade the paper!! How can u decide someone's marks in just 2 mins!!!
Me: :-))))))

the class starts....

hmm...well i finally submitted the graded paper..i dont want to reveal how much time it took me though... :)

2 comments:

Chiranth Channappa said...

:-)

I was serious.

Unknown said...

ya i know :-) just that u freaked "K" out... LOL!!