Tuesday, December 5, 2006

55 fiction

I have this course called "Creativity, Innovation and Design" which I chose this term and it seems pretty interesting. The Prof sure does make it very different than the usual boring case studies or lectures.

He made us try out this thing called "55 word fiction" in today's class. The task is to write an original story in just 55 words or less (MAX 55 words and not a single word more). It sure does seem easy but trust me I spent hours to do this!! As you go on you realize how tough it is to express an idea in just 55 words. You will also realize that you dont need too many words to create an impact in the reader's mind.

This exercise is used widely to test the creative ability and the thought process of a person.

Here's what i have... any comments? I dont know how comprehendable this is!!

We were unique and so good together. We held each other so close and thought we would never part. But now it was time to let go. We said goodbye and never did we look back. The door bell woke me up and he was calling out. I muttered “Oh God! We are still together!!”

4 comments:

Josh said...

he he!tht is quite creative.
but "Oh god!" could have been "Thank god" [:)]

Josh said...

why do those quotes repeat [:(]

Unknown said...

Thats a script...so i guess it chooses from a list of few quotes :(

Kaali Sudheer said...

good work pratima
its very interesting to know that creativity can even come in jsut 55 words as film manker i am actually thrilled . thanks for the idea..... that can be useful any where any time for me in career