Sunday, March 11, 2007

Apocalypto... awesome!

Well... after 1 week of hard core partying followed by 1 week of Flu.... I am again heading back to normal!! I think it was nature's way of telling me that I badly needed some rest and I was forced to take a lot of it over the last few days :)

So...tonight was again a movie time. The same gang of 6-7 people got the projector and watched this AWESOME movie - APOCALYPTO by Mel Gibson. Lot of people may not really like this movie and its not been rated extremely well either, but all of us just loved it! This is a mythic action adventure movie which is set in the backdrop of Mayan civilization, the language in the entire movie is also Mayan - so you need to concentrate on those sub-titles!! An extremely G H O R Y movie, never watched something like this before, and I almost felt like throwing up in the middle of the movie, coz I ensured that i didnt close my eyes anytime!! Initial part of the movie is very slow and you keep wondering why the hell are you watching it (poor "C" got cursed a few times for having recommended this movie :) But if you can force yourself to sit thru the first 45 mins or so... trust me its gonna be worth a watch!!! It could be made less violent by not showing such scenes which are really not meant for weak-hearted people like me!! The movie doesnt require it but still... Mel Gibson chose to go his way! Whatever it is... i still got up that courage in me to start watching such movies... and at the end of it - really enjoyed!!
P.S: Just a suggestion - dont watch this movie alone!
A screenshot from the movie...



People are still continuing to watch another movie - Blood Diamond now (Its 4.30AM) but I guess I better get some sleep if i want to get fit again soon!

No comments: