Sunday, August 12, 2007

Soulful music...

Last few posts of mine have been about music.... that's what I've been doing off late.. listening to more and more songs.. of different genres... and now I have one more to add to it.

I'm sure most of us would have heard of Kailash Kher, one of the most popular singers of sufi music.. of the "Allah ke bandhe" fame, who also features in the league of singers like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Rabbi Shergill. I just happened to listen to one of his songs, on TV, from his recent album and I was so touched by it. This made me download a lot of his songs and when I heard them I was just mesmerized by his voice. Ifelt, till now, I was really missing out on some good piece of music! His raw, high-pitched voice coupled with meaningful lyrics makes his songs so unique and literally "soulful". It's amazing to see the kind of energy and the vibes that are generated when u sing his songs... really wonderful!

If u haven't heard him yet, then here are some of the songs that u ought to hear..
  • Teri deewani ... (his best song so far..)
  • Allah ke bandhe..
  • Chak de phatte..
  • Piya re piya re..
  • Kinna sona...

3 comments:

Deven said...

Wow new look for your blog page..
So is it now Koffee with Pratima???

Jokes apart, the new look is quite refreshing..

Unknown said...

thank u..

Suresh Sathyanarayana said...

wokies ma'am.... you really do have a stupendous taste of music.... just a random hit on your blog worth reading every single line... will do some time when i really do have time.... may be you could read an article as well on music "composed" by me ..lolz

kudos once again