Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Orbis Terrarum Challenge - Round up

Am finally done with the OT reading challenge hosted by Bethany. This was my first ever reading challenges and I completely enjoyed it!! If not for this challenge, I would have probably never read books from so many different countries :)

Here's the list of my 9 books with the links to the reviews -
1. The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Mohsin Hamid (Pakistan)
2. Sister of my Heart - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (India)
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini (Afghanistan)
4. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov (Russia)
5. The Bastard of Istanbul - Elif Shafak (Turkey/Armenia)
6. In the Country of Men - Hisham Matar (Libya)
7. Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Adichie (Nigeria)
8. Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding (England)
9. After Dark - Haruki Murakami (Japan)

[Click here if you are interested to read more ]

1 comment:

Ananth Narayan said...

did you know Nabokov was actually a lepidopterist (butterfly researcher)?

Talking about reading challenges : I suggest you read
- Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- The Selfish Gene

if you are interested in science.