Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rehman does it again!

I have always been a big fan of Rehman's music, from the days of Roja. I can never forget the songs 'Chinna Chinna Aasai..' and 'Pudu Vellai Mazhai...' They'll always remain in my favorite list..

I feel he is one such guy in the industry who has something fresh and unique in every piece of music that he composes. Hmmm...some people are just gifted in life! Waiting for his music does seem worthwhile to me...

After working his magic with 'Kabhi Kabhi Aditi...' in JTYJN and winning the Golden Globe award for Slumdog Millionaire, Rehman is back again to pour his charm in Rakesh Mehra's Delhi-6. It has about 10 tracks which is a fusion of various genres. He is never scared of experiementing... you can see a dash of rap, hip-hop, alternative rock and jazz in his compositions. That's the best part of his music, u get variety...!

The promos of Delhi 6 opened with the song 'Masakali..Matakali'. Obviously then it was thought to be the best of the 10 songs... I absoutely loved it!! The music is very playful and chirpy with a fluttery sensation and Mohit Chauhan's (front man of the band Silk Route at one point) voice adds a rustic charm to it and makes it even more desirable...It's sometimes impossible for me to proceed into the album to listen to the rest of the numbers, without playing this on Repeat mode...I just love listening to this over n over again...

I also loved the song 'Arziyan...' which has a Sufi touch to it. It's simplicity, melody and lyrics impeccably echo it's heartfelt emotion... Now, it's kinda difficult to choose the best between these two :)

Let's just hope the movie is not a let down and does as good as it's smashing sountracks!

1 comment: