Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Paradoxical Commandments

Someone forwarded a mail today on this ... felt good reading it and had a strong urge to share it here... Sounds so simple and paradoxical of course! But quite difficult to implement for sure..


People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

by Dr. Kent M. Keith

1 comment:

Senthil.Jayaraman said...

Dear Pratima,

It is said , when the student is ready the teacher will appear to give us those clues to find those missing pieces of a puzzle called life. This blog and thanks to the product of your mind, has brought out the child in me when it comes to writing. The last month and a half has been very special, peaceful and a happy experience (it’s like wish I could be 28 till I die:)) because I have been writing at will with your writing as a frame of reference.

A part of me kept saying, it does not cost a penny to use another persons’ platform for writing but then what could be the opportunity cost involved on the bloggers side. A couple of views expressed are very long and could this be a question of concern to the blogger! Is my writing in sync with the purpose of the blog, etc. The other part in me was saying why don’t you ask the blogger, make improvements and move forward from there on and I find at this point in time to ask; Are my views expressed in your blog of concern to you, do we have any points of significance to share..

I see that you enjoy Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy music as much as I do surprising but true, I see so many similarities!! This song I found it appropriate to share it with you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z65T-ENUYf4

Wishing you the best in llife!
Regards
Senthil