Monday, October 12, 2009

How I met your mother..


I recently started watching this sitcom and surprisingly have been quite addicted to it so far; 2 seasons,45 episodes in 3 days (currently watching season 3)......that's how interesting it got!


Honestly, in my opinion it's nothing very different or classy. It's like any usual laugh-track-with-romance-filled-show that you can think of.... but again, this recipe is what makes it click I guess! I've enjoyed watching FRIENDS, SCRUBS and SEINFELD a lot and though 'How I met your mother' doesn't fall in the same league, it does come pretty close..


The first episode starts off sometime in the future (like the year 2030 or so) with Ted Mosby (the architect) narrating the story to his son & daughter of how he met their mother. I think the 5th season is getting aired currently and till now who actually the 'mother' is, is not revealed. So, that's one concept that keeps the suspense on and the show going...Am not sure how far they can actually keep this concept going. Am curious to watch :) I absolutely love the character of Barney....a very interesting and super cool guy, who is the main attraction in the sitcom; he surely does manage to tickle that funny bone a lot!

Definitely worth a watch...it's one of the new funniest sitcoms of this season..


I have a lot more shows lined up to watch...
- One Tree Hill
- 24
- Lost
- Boston Legal
that's quite a lot to keep me busy for months! :)

5 comments:

Senthil.Jayaraman said...

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do-Walt Disney
Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning-William Arthur Ward

molarbear's posts said...

As I can never follow most serials, I was very interested in this post!

I watched "Saans" and "Dynasty" but even those I gave up after some time.

Loku said...

HIMYM, its different from any other sitcom.. and that too only because of Barney.. that guy is some nuts and his rules and fundas of life.. he made me complete the entire series in two weeks of time from season 1 to season 4.. and following the fifth one as disciple.. though whats killing me the dilution of Barney as a character that he was to what he is in current season.. no cynic.. but i dont want him to fall in love.. ;)
lokesh

Unknown said...

@molarbear- I watched "Saans" too and I absolutely loved that series...I have seen every single episode and wouldn't mind watching it again :)

Unknown said...

Barney definitely is one I watch this show for . But I also happen to love this show.It comes a close third right behind Friends and ER which share the first place and Gilmore Girls which is second.