Thursday, April 6, 2006

Last day at work....

"...For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; and for everything you gain, you lose something else.."

Today I know how it exactly feels to be unemployed. I am solely responsible for this decision. I chose to do this but here I am feeling sad and confused about it..... only time can tell me if I did the right thing...

I have never felt so low and depressed ever. Yesterday was my last day at work. I had to quit to join ISB. The depression had set in about 2 months back but it kept disappearing now and then. The fact is -no one can ever be really prepared for such things. You need to deal with it when it acutally happens. I dont know whether to be happy about doing something new and exciting or feel sad about leaving some really precious things behind. Tried my best to stay at work as long as possible after getting my admissions. But the time has come now. I had no choice but to quit coz my course starts in 9 days.

I just didnt want yesterday to end but ironically it just flew by. Had so much paper work to finish that I hardly found any time to say even good bye to people personally. Went out for lunch with the team- had fun taking around 30-40 pics in half hour transit to pizza hut! "P" was driving and I remember he almost made it my "last day" not just last day at work! Back to office and I finished my exit interview and it was time to wrap up and say adieus. The day just flew and I just have memories of it to cherish now.

When I woke up today morning (not that I slept last nite) and I had no reasons to get ready, I realized what I am missing - the realization that I can never get to be around with the people I gel'd so well, have 2 breakfasts, play TT, take coffee breaks, have those stupid time pass conversations on IM and try to do some work in between !!

It has hit me so hard that I have still not come to terms with the fact that life will no longer be the same...

5 comments:

Bharat said...

Next time we need a new tool name we will conference you in, don't worry :)

And you forgot carrom!

And he is not P, he is Naga...N to the A to the G to the A...

Shashank said...

sad about quitting your job :O

where do you work?

Ananth Narayan said...

All this sadness will go away the moment u are asked to submit a zillion assignments in a matter of days. ;-)

Dileep Vasthare said...

you should not be sad about quitting!...but the best part about you quitting is, you are going back to school!!!! that is reason enough for me to not work, EVER! be in school all the time...hehe...unfortunately, that won't happen for a while now...so as you yourself would say - just chill!

Unknown said...

or we'll name a tool after u !! sthng similar to P J Chase Morgan :)