Monday, April 17, 2006

Me @ ISB - Part I

I still haven't got my laptop but managed to find an hour of free time- so here I am at the computer lab at ISB - too eager to pen down my experiences. The post will get too long, so I decided to split them into parts :)

As I mentioned, I reached ISB on saturday early morning, with dad. It was a short flight and a pleasant drive to the campus. Hyderabad has a great infrastructure - true to what I had heard! Got my apt keys and unpacked quickly. Met 2 of my quad mates, the 4th one still hasnt arrived!Tried to find some familiar faces around (had met a few batchmates from bangalore). Was not too happy with my room coz it faces the backside of the campus, not a great view (ISB has an awesome landscape) and it's at the second floor (too hot and AC is the only saving grace!!). Tried to get it changed but decided against it just to avoid the hassles. Had a quick bfast and went for the registration. It was a LONG process - coz I had missed out a few documents and had to run around a lot :( The campus is so huge that i need to walk about a km to reach the main building from my SV (student village). I dont think I need any additional physical activity here !!!!!! Finished the registration in 2 hours and went to grab lunch. The cafe has great quality and variety of food- I hope to put on a lot of weight around here !!

After lunch, it was time for dad to head back to b'lore :( I felt I was left all alone in a place surrounded by strangers. Started feeling very homesick, and I still continue to.... Got to know more people around and tried hard to remember names. It was soon time for dinner and back to the apt. I was extremely exhausted, depressed and dazed but manged to get some sleep....

Sunday was the beginning of the orientation- lots of sessions and games and parties and fun!!. Will continue in my next post...

6 comments:

Josh said...

waiting to read more on this.. :-)

Josh said...

all the best!

Ford Prefect said...

U said 2nd floor and a quad .. so I guess u r in SV1 ... We used to call it "The Jungle" ... in fact it was reffered to as SJ1 (Student Jungle 1) ..
Hope U have as much fun there as I did ..
Wish u all the very best

Nitish said...

hey! Dropped in via the link to my blog. Thanks for that! Hope the city has not been too unkind. I guess you've bought the rains with you from bangalore and the weather has surely taken a turn for the better :)
BTW, my office is just on the other side of the wall so holler if you need anything.

Anu said...

I guess, by now you might have got used to the surroundings and people around you. Right!

All the best to you dude:-)

Unknown said...

Its a nice blog Prathima..keeo it up