Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My new found passion - Poetry!

I had given it a shot the first time, when I was in class X... I had also won the first prize for it :) That was the end of it... never tried anything later. Today I felt like getting back this lost passion of mine.. Thanks to the "Creativity" course :) Here's my second one, that I wrote today..


As I lie down beneath the skies in solitude,
I am gazing at the stars, thinking of you
Reminiscing those wonderful moments and the passionate mood,
I wonder if you are thinking of me too…

When we met, I knew there was something about you,
I still remember that friendship, so pure and true.
Never once did I speculate, my Mr. Right, is it you?
I wonder if you are thinking of me too…

I believed our friendship held us strong and close,
That our love bound us and endlessly grew
I was glad that you were the one I chose,
Now I wonder if you are thinking of me too…

Never knew what the days ahead would bring,
I just wished and prayed it would be only you.
An everlasting bond, I was longing!
Now I’m just left wondering, if you are thinking of me too…

--Pratima


Looks like my creativity brims at 12AM in the midnight these days! :)

9 comments:

Josh said...

u wrote this in class X !?

Unknown said...

No No... i wrote this last night.. it was a typo that i mentioned it as a "first" poem here .. sorry! i changed it now...

Anyways.. am sure u must be aware of the poem that I wrote in class X.. dont u remember?

Josh said...

can u post tht one too. public demand [:)]

Unknown said...

I dont have it with me and neither do i remember it completely now.. its been almost 9 yrs now! :(

Unknown said...

@flickering flame (aka VC).....
yes ofcourse, i wrote it!! it has my name below it :)hard to believe eh? even i couldnt for a while :) and i didnt just cook up something.. thats why maybe ppl told me that it sounds nice

Anirudh said...

Super cool! You are discovering hidden talents within yourself! Keep writing more poems!

Unknown said...

thanx Ani :) do give me some tips.. coz i know u write awesome poems too!!

Suresh S Murthy said...

Really awesome. Gr8 to know that u re-discovered a latent skill in u. Looking fwd to see more poems on this blog! Can we expect more?

Unknown said...

ur peom is worth givin a pause for a while frm hectic schedules of life, its really gud