Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A fish called wanda

It's a very old movie released in the year 1988 *ing Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline and John Cleese. Brilliant cast, Brilliant script and Brilliant direction!

One of the greatest comedies that I have seen in a long time. It is so perfectly made that at no point during the movie did I feel that 'oh it could have been better'! The performances are just awesome, above criticism and comedy timings are way too perfect. Kevin Kline really stands out all thru the movie.. no wonder that he won an academy award for the best supporting actor role. The movie has a very common plot- a boy meets girl kind of romance with a gang of 4 people trying to pull off a robbery; of course all of it with a lot of comedy. But what's different is the way it is scripted and enhanced with brilliant acting by all 3 of them.

There are so many funny quotes from this movie, but something that I can't forget and makes me laugh everytime I think about it is this line told by Wanda (Jamie Lee Curtis) to Otto (Kevin Kline) when he keeps telling her 'Dont call me stupid'... :-))

"Oh, right, to call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you! I've worn dresses with higher I.Q.s!"

I don't want to give out too much about the movie for people who havent seen it but if you havent watched it then you are missing something!

No comments: