Sunday, December 30, 2007

Taare zameen par

One of the nicest movies that I have seen this year. Apart from the fact that it is pretty lengthy, everything else about the movie is amazing. After a long time we have a hindi movie which doesn't deal with the same old crap of rebirth, love and romance and is entertaining at the same time... The story is different, which everyone can relate to and very heart warming...and just like 'Chak de' even this had a strong message with it... I guess bollywood movies which try to convey a message to the society seem to click with the audience :)

I went to watch it with high expectations after reading all the reviews (and the fact that it wasnt hyped like OSO or saawariya!) and it really didnt disappoint me. I have loved Aamir khan as an actor since the days of QSQT and now he has done a good job as a debutant director too. The kid, Darsheel Safary (Ishaan awasthi) is truly brilliant. He has very well portrayed the emotions of a 9yr old kid who suffers from dyslexia... at least as a first time actor, I felt he was great! Aamir (as Ram shankar nikumbh) walks in after the intermission and takes the movie to a different level. He could have cut down a few details in the movie to reduce it to 2hrs and still managed to keep it as good... the length just made me a bit restless towards the end...

Coming to Shankar-ehsaan-loy's music, at first when I heard the songs during the movie, they didnt appeal to me much... but later when I downloaded the songs.. i realized quite a few are awesome... The songs raise the emotional content of the movie to a great extent... very soft and melodious. I have got so addicted to 'Kholo kholo darwaze...' and 'Jame raho...' that they are the only 2 songs on my playlist currently and I keep listening to them all thru the day :)

Anyways, this movie hardly needs any recommendation.... am sure it has generated enough curiosity for people to go and watch it...

Read more about him and his movie on his blog - http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog.htm

3 comments:

Niveditha Sunderraj said...

HI!
I so want to see the movie, but we have exams! :'( bawl!
nice review though!

Unknown said...

Thanks niveditha :) all the best for ur exams

Samarth said...

Hi Pratima,

I did see the movie here in Perth. Well the cinema hall was filled with Indians . . also did see the only Indian family carry a pizza into the Cinema complex ( movie viewers arnt allowed to carry outside food) . . I never though they would manage to sneak it in?

The Movie was awesome .. some what I related parts of my life with the character there. . hehe spare time for tears to role on .. isnt it? Mothers do heaps for kids. .

You bet .. its one of the finest movies of my times.. .