Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why blog?

It's been nearly 2 years since I started blogging... and what started as just a time pass became a hobby gradually. I wish I could be more regular with writing in this space... most of the days thoughts just remain in my head for multiple reasons - lack of time, energy, enthusiasm or plain laziness. So this new year I resolved that I should pen down my thoughts more often and overcome that inertia... :)

When I asked myself and a few friends 'why should someone blog'... here's what I felt and got to hear...

1. Share your knowledge and opinions - People like to hear what u think, your opinions, your thoughts...
2. It's like keeping a diary/journal - a historical record of thoughts over time
3. Network and connect with people - it's true that you really get to know some great people who you would probably never get to meet out of the blogging world
4. Express yourself
5. Improve your writing skills
6. Gives you exposure
7. You learn a lot! - coz you are always interested in what is happening around you so that you can write about it
8. It acts as your creative outlet
9. It's fun! - a hobby.. for time pass
10.. and finally.. you can blog just becoz everyone else is doing it these days! :)

So if you are a non-blogger and want to give this a shot these could be enough reasons for you to do so... and if you are already a blogger then all the more reasons to continue blogging!

2 comments:

Samarth said...

Hi Pratima,

The reason I blog could be - to practise writing . May be someday I will write a book and make a billion dollars . . Then I could spend the rest of my life on a luxury Yatch, investing in booming chinese companies online & arguing with my beloved. . lol

Strange reasons but my present one is to write about myself so that people "Appreciate" -- filling that vaccum of hunger !

The problem with the present generation is Hunger for Appreciation !

Samarth said...

some write for the pleasure of it . .

your blog has so many posts . You are quite a regular person. you enjoy blogging !

Way to be.