Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An ever green bollywood song, from the movie Masoom (1983).... with Gulzar at his best and music by R.D Burman... I fall in love with it every time I listen to it...!! Hard to find such music and lyrics these days...
I love both the male and female versions of the song... but the one in Lata Mangeshkar's voice is too good... her voice itself adds that golden touch to the song, so soothing....

tuz se naaraaj naheen jindagee
hairaan hoo main
tere maasoom sawaalon se
pareshaan hoo main

jeene ke liye sochaa hee nahee
dard sanbhaalane honge
muskuraye to, muskuraane ke
karza utaarane honge
muskuraoo kabhee to lagataa hai
jaise hothhon pe, karza rakhaa hain

2 comments:

rajk said...

Hi, I'm all for Lata Mangeshkar, but in this particular song I feel she is too shrill. Loooove the lyrics though....and thus love the male version better...that singer never made it big, did he...
I like the way you talk about new music releases...Something I'd love to do too...Carry on!!!

molarbear's posts said...

Lovely lyrics, thanks for reminding me!