Sunday, June 29, 2008

Update on OT challenge...

Not too happy with myself on the progress of my book readings :( Lost the momentum; this month was again very slow. Haven't finished even 1 book completely. Not sure if the books that am picking are not holding my interest or the other things in life are distracting me... whatever it is, it's not good for my own goal that I have set - to read at least 25 books by end of this year... thats on an avg 2 per month, which is not too hard! How I arrived at this number? Just random! :)
Update on my OT list - modified the list a bit, coz I didnt like a couple of books which I had originally decided upon... My last book was on Turkey/Armenia, depicted in the map below (I love this tool that I found to create colorful maps!) Armenia is that small portion in dark brown next to Turkey (in orange)



1. Sister of my heart- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni (India)
2. The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Mohsin Hamid (Pakistan)
3. A thousand splendid suns - Khalid Hosseini (Afghanistan)

4. The Bastard of Istanbul - Elif Shafak (Turkey/Armenia)
5. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov (Russia) ........ in progress
6. To kill a mocking bird - Harper Lee (USA)
7. The Conservationist- Nadine Gordimer (South Africa)
8. One hundred years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Columbia)
9. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak (Australia)

(Click on the book names to read the reviews..)

3 comments:

rajk said...

Hi, came here from Ramya's blog. I'm part of the OT challenge too and I can understand what you mean by "not being able to finish some books you started". Happened to me with "Hundred years of Solitude". BTW, couldn't find reviews of any of your books except "The Reluctant Fundamentalist".

rajk said...

BTW, I'm blogrolling you..

Unknown said...

You can find all the reviews under the label 'Orbis Terrarum Challenge', or just click on the name of each book listed in this post, they are linked