Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dev D's music...

I never bothered to listen to the songs from Dev D till I watched the movie recently. The only song that was given limelight in the promos/trailers was 'Emotional Atyachaar' which didnt appeal to me much, though it was different and funny.

But when I watched the movie I realized that it has lovely music - not just one, but a lot of good tracks!!! I would have really missed it out if I hadn't seen the movie. I guess thats why the initial marketing/promos is very important to sell the movie, especially its music. With the busy lives that we all lead, not many of us go buy CD's or download songs of all the movies that release. It's either through word of mouth or something catching your attention in the trailers.... I feel Dev D's music didnt get all the credit it deserves only because one song got all the attention and buzz.... what a waste!

Amit Trivedi, who has earlier composed for the movie Aamir, has made some marvellous tunes for Dev D. He has tried just about everything - rock, pop, bhangra, fusion, classical...and more! There are about 18 sound tracks but I have fallen in love with the 2 songs 'Nayan Tarase' and 'Paradesi'...both are folk fusion tracks. While Paradesi has a slight western touch to it, Nayan Tarase starts with a classical touch and progresses a bit towards rock...Amit gives his own vocals to Nayan Tarase; his voice adds to the lovely music. Toshi (one of the favorites in Star Voice of India show) does an awesome job with the song Paradesi...I absolutely loved his voice.

Some of the other good songs to look out for - Yahi meri zindagi, Saali Khushi, Duniya and Dhol Yara Dhol...

No comments: