Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time for some poetry!

I was going through my journal today and found this poem that I had written 5 years back while I was studying in ISB.. Showed it to 'N' for the first time today and I was surprised that he got inspired to reply to it with a poem, that too spontaneously. So I couldn't help it...had to share it here!!



Photo I clicked in Phuket...fits the mood!
As I lie down beneath the skies in solitude,
I am gazing at the stars, thinking of you
Reminiscing those wonderful moments and the passionate mood,
I wonder if you are thinking of me too…


When we met, I knew there was something about you,
I still remember that friendship, so pure and true.
Never once did I speculate, my Mr. Right, is it you?
I wonder if you are thinking of me too…


I believed our friendship held us strong and close,
That our love bound us and endlessly grew
I was glad that you were the one I chose,
Now I wonder if you are thinking of me too…


Never knew what the days ahead would bring,
I just wished and prayed it would be only you.
An everlasting bond, I was longing!
Now I’m just left wondering, if you are thinking of me too…

--Pratima




This is what 'N' wrote...I love it! What do you think? :-)


As I read these words so true
Pure like the early morning dew
Like a sea breeze so fresh, a whisper so light
I wonder as I think about you, If I am the Mr. Right 


As the days turn longer and my hair turns grey
I pray in my life you stay
To my lonely heart you are the cure

Of this I am sure


I wonder as I think about you
If you are thinking of me too

-N

 

No comments: