Wednesday, February 28, 2007

HP mania

What happens when there are 4 people planning to watch a movie and 3 of them are crazy Harry Potter fans? Yeah, u guessed it right! The 4th person (me) has no choice but to watch the movie with them! Last night 4 of us planned a long movie marathon, since there are no classes today. So after a lot of debate the whole day, I convinced people to start with 'Sarkar'. I personally feel this is a really well made movie, with outstanding performances (obviously keeping aside the Godfather comparison). Since the crowd was not in a mood for serious kinda movies, half way thru the movie, the obvious choice was Harry Potter! I have never ever touched this book in my life and have zero knowledge about the whole plot.... but..... that doesnt stop anything... At 12 in the midnight, I was explained the entire background and story, right from scratch (dont miss the enthusiasm part here :) ) and we screened back to back of HP - Socerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. 12.00 to 6AM!!! Thanks to SM for having given me a scene by scene explanation that i could follow the story really well! I must agree that it was fun... though am still not a big fan of it... but i would definitely love to watch the rest of the movies in this series soon!

5 comments:

Josh said...

try tonight [:)]

Chiranth Channappa said...

you ought to read the books :-) The movies destroy half the details.

Unknown said...

@Chi... I have never really been able to motivate myself to read harry potter :( I could watch the movie coz its fun and interesting.. with all that magical stuff!!! But definitely.. will try again :-)

Chiranth Channappa said...

well.. some inspiration to get you started.

Don't you want to know why Harry & Lord Voldermort's wands behave the way they do? why isn't just a straightforward duel?

Unknown said...

I thought the behavior of the wands is explained in the movie (at least Harry's wand)...isnt it?

If not, yes its a good enough reason to read the book :)